A massive alligator took an early-morning stroll on Easter Sunday through a peaceful residential neighborhood in Venice, Florida, under the watchful eye of the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.
This video released by the sheriff’s office shows the remarkable reptile sauntering down the residential street, occasionally plopping down for a rest.
The sheriff’s office estimated the alligator was about 10 feet long.
“[Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission] was advised but did not respond,” the office wrote on Facebook. “For that reason, it’s safe to assume he’s still swimming in this lake.” Credit: Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office via Storyful
- Walking our pet alligator this morning. I'm tired, I think I'll take a break.
- Break time!
- Probably where he's trying to get to.
- He is just tired! Tired of our [INAUDIBLE].
- Look at that.
- Oh, that sounded like it hurt.
- You got to send me some of those videos.
- He's falling, though. Woo!